Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Startup


Let's think. What makes board gaming fun? Different people will have different views over it. What is actually important for me? Different, different topics. One game will be ok while other will be just boring. Let's than concentrate on some points.

o Each player should have exactly the same possibilities
o Game should be little random only (I'd say - nothing like fantastic dice roll)
o It should still provide a way to create own strategy
o Well... it should still remain a board game rather than a PC game :)

For me - game that fits is Agricola. You have all there plus - it is really easy and dynamic, even if you are a first timer. Comparing this to "Settlers of Catan" - well... both games are still great, aren't those?
Maybe than it is about inventing new smart ways to make those games fun? True. And this will be my aim I suppose. Along with that - I hope some interesting game designs will come.

As per first topic
How to make a game random, without roll dice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My recently played games: My profile on BoardGameGeek