Monday, March 16, 2009

What a nice surprise!

Well, well, well. It is only few hours since I've posted my work and it seems, that someone looks at this (I even have some recommendations for my work on boradgamegeek.com)! Even if those are 'fake' entries :) I still enjoy it a lot. And you know what? That motivates me even furthermore! So what is next? As wrote earlier - I'll try to customize the game board with related game tokens, so that it is more 'playable'. Let's put it on the paper, in terms of the principles:
  1. Simplify the board.
  2. Each player will receive own boards, where he will play with his resources and fleet.
  3. Eliminate hand writing for different activities (that's the challenge).
  4. Get rid of tokens (1x, 10x and 100x) representing HT's (after all - is there anyone using those? :) )
  5. Reference cards for each player convenience.
What is the plan than? In few steps, what could be done to re-edit the game and make it easier to play. Maybe points to be done grouped by importance.
  1. Move out all the data from board to custom reference sheets.
  2. Create player boards for each player to work with.
  3. Provide 'rapid' method of resolving trades / price changes.
  4. Eliminate paper tokens with some 'nice' bricks / other elements.
  5. Provide custom solution allowing players to note deals they will do without using pen.
  6. Different way to handle ships (again - no paper tokens).
  7. Paper cards representing agents and describing agent abilities.
  8. Create reference sheets for players (differentiate ones that will be used often, and ones that will be used rarely).
I think that is a very good plan and will take me some time. At the end - I assume, that this game will be reborn :) And playing it will not take something like 10h but will be rather nice and easy for someone, who plays it for the 2nd or third time in his life (since rules itself are bit difficult). So to speak - aim is to create custom extension, that will speed the game up with additional fun factor increase.

1 comment:

  1. Well, not my topic at all, but I am still waiting for a few words about gaming. Maybe I'll start, who knows. Just write.

    ReplyDelete

My recently played games: My profile on BoardGameGeek