Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Some light into the design!


Most recently I do have quite a significant improvements. I did finish off all the cards - those are now ready to print!!! (sample is shown on the left). Following my quite innovative thinking at work - I did follow it up to here. And the simple thing is - since I have quite issues with getting all the wooden parts - let's skip them for the moment and see - how it will work without. For this purpose - as tokens I will use old and new coins. Than I will stick some markers to it, as it was originally predicted. Aditionally - I've purchased metal space ships! It was 2.5GBP per 12 small ships - and that I consider a great price. I hope they'll arrive soon since I plan to redecorate 'ship' board to accomodate those little ships.
What I will now concentrate on is to:
  • Finish off design for space ship card template
  • Finish off design for planet (note - it is different to ones already posted here)
  • Finish off all the 'cut lines' for plotter.
I would really hope, that I will be capable of doing some test print (of cards for example) yet this weekend. That will be the first and ultimately - very important step forward. I will probably print out the stickers to the coins as well. Summarizing - I'm almost done in here!! :)

Almost forgot - the PDF counter is also quite nice. For Today - I did only 'pure' paper version. That already helped me in reconsidering the design, that will most probably be now changed slightly, but only slightly. Still - the idea works pretty well - at least for me. What is bothering - is that whole idea would best fit on some 'thick' wood or plastic of a kind so that holding it is quite simple. Well - this is for future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My recently played games: My profile on BoardGameGeek