Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tokens, tokens, tokens.

Little time left till I will leave to Croatia, where I will hopefully test my new StarTrader design. It will be extremely though test, since we will have really strong competitors - Agricola, Power Grid, Warcraft and Bang (I suppose). To the topic. I've tested few things as well as finished some. First of all - the biggest success is the dice system for trading. Dices do show the planets and the numbers. I also decided not to prepare separate dice for buy/sell - this will be indicated by placing planet dice into a certain location. Believe me or not - it looks pretty good. I'm proud of it - especially when you will consider on - how much time did this consume to me. Another test was performed on using coins as markers - yet another success! And if that is not enough - I have now all the material to crate the boards and related equipment. Aha! I did also purchase two items: a) space ships (48 small ships of 12 differend kinds - exactly what I need) b) poker tokens to be used as money. The only thing that was not perfect - was my printer. It did not print the cards from PDF because of a driver problem. It is not a big obstacle, since I will now print it as image. Having all that in mind, to be ready - I still need to: a) print all the cards b) prepare all the tokens c) finish the dices for trade d) design and print game boards, both for trade and representing space ships e) design and print space board - yes, surprising, but is not ready yet with the current approach and current space ships f) design and print space ship markers to be used in conjunction with the plastic figures. A huge lot of work you say? Well... but it is such a fun!! And what is more - I can't await to see it running than tuned... and than - next games are already in the queue :) Fingers crossed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My recently played games: My profile on BoardGameGeek