Monday, June 7, 2010

Cost estimation...


Innovative.... cheap? Forget about it - it seems like current setup for "Star Trader 3000" will cost minimum 70$. Where is the room for some charity profits? Well - most probably - game will be cut into different versions. So what could one do? Again, I can't say I did invent the wheel.

1. Main part for 4 players (will be significantly cheaper - around 50$ I guess)
2. Expansion pack for another two players with some additions - new agents, new occassions etc.
3. Expansion pack for another two players - this time it would be entirely new planets and things like that

On the other hand - Star Trader 3000 with 8 players? It is hard to imagine that... however - wouldn't say it is impossible.

2 comments:

  1. Is this project dead? I'd be interested if not. I might also be persuaded to write copy / rules / flavor fiction for rules, cards and the like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should have left you contact info with my offer to help? You can contact me at roderic@siskweb.com.

    I know more than one circle of nerds who LOVE the original. I could probably dig up four or five sales.

    ReplyDelete

My recently played games: My profile on BoardGameGeek