Monday, November 2, 2009

Star Trader ?

Having some more time - there is also a different aspect of 'recreating' board game - it is copyright. With "Star Trader" it is a bit of interesting one, since it is not shown 'directly' anywhere - who really owns it. First - web recognition shown 'DecisionGames' as a potential succesor. Unfortunately - although they did some of SPI games re-editions, although they own some copyrights... still - not for StarTrader. What is interesting - they are now publishing two games allocated in space - in fact, both are re-editions. Those are "Struggle for the Galactic Empire" and "Struggle
and Free Mars". I'll be looking closely on - how they will go with those. Going back to the topic. Guys at DecissionGames were extremely helfpul and directed me to Hasbro, who probably purchased SPI (original designer of StarTrader) from Wizards Of The Coast, who have taken it from TSR... I wonder if Hasbro still remembers this - after all - it could be 5, 10 but could be even 25 years ago. I did even receive my own personal super special question id - 091102-000096. Do you think it means that I'm 96 in the queue Today? Interesting thing would be also to understand - when their rights are gone to public... will need to ask someone on - how it works in US. For the moment - enjoy more space ships re-created for the StarTrader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My recently played games: My profile on BoardGameGeek